There is a scent of endtime things in the air. The media seems to sense this odor that presages apocalypse, while the churches that name the name of Jesus Christ, for the most part, are apparently oblivious to the last days in which this generation, I’m convinced, finds itself. Or, as DR. Mark Hitchcock puts it, there seems to have been a shift of prophetic gears.
Until very recently, I got media inquiries and requests for interviews on a regular basis. There has been a lull for some reason, as of late. But, I suspect the flood-gates will soon be opened prophetically, and the interview requests will come again in profusion. And, that is with good reason. Journalistic types –whether one agrees with them so far as world-view is concerned—must be given credit for having talented “news noses” for things that have happened, are happening, or seem about to happen. Again, there is something in the air. The newshounds know it. It’s something that portends paradigm change in this troubled world.
As pointed out in last week’s column (Part 1 of “The Beginning of the Last of the Last Days”), that shift seemed to have begun surging through the breach in the dam separating good and evil. Instead of the steady, but controllable flow from the dark waters of Daniel’s prophesied endtime flood of issues and events, there now gushes a torrent into civilization. I, like Dr. Mark Hitchcock, as mentioned in last week’s commentary, believe that the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 represent the explosion that produced the breach in that dam.
We pick up where we left off, loosely using Dr. Hitchcock’s seven indicators of this shift, to frame the last days picture of Daniel’s flood (Daniel 9:26).
3. The modern nation Israel has been under the microscope since its rebirth in 1948. Its existence in the heart of the Holy Land has continued to grow as a bone of contention. That people have been the target for major war-making in several horrific attacks, in addition to the attacks upon its birth on May 14-15, 1948. There was the Nasser-led attack in 1956, the 1967 “Six Day War,” and the 1973 Yom Kippur War led by Anwar Sadat and his Egyptian forces.
Israel continues to be assaulted in vicious attacks, with rockets loaded with explosives being launched against it at every opportunity. The relentless campaign by the terrorist organizations of the Middle East are testimony that Israel is at the center of the flood that is sweeping the world toward Armageddon.
Dr. Hitchcock has stated it correctly: “Israel and Jerusalem will become more and more of a burdensome stone to the nations in the days ahead as the world faces increased threats of terror (Zech 12:1-2).” (Prophecy Update – News & Information for the End Times – 9/13/06).
4. The United States of America was caught in the explosion that was September 11, 2001. As a matter of fact, this nation was and continues to be at the center of the bull’s-eye in the terrorists’ determination to bring satanic chaos into all the world, until all people on the planet agree to worship the terrorists’ god. America supports Israel’s right to exist; indeed, has and does defend that tiny nation. It is little wonder that Satan directs the minds of the genocidal maniacs into their religious rage to convert or die. Most troubling is the inexplicable tolerance which the world in general extends to these bloodthirsty avengers of fanatic Islam, while at the same time seeming to have disdain and hatred for true Christianity, whose God wants only peace –real peace—for mankind.
5. A most disturbing ramification of the attack on 9/11/01 has been the changing mindset of both government and citizenry about protection against dangerous, liberty-suppressing movement toward Big Brother technology implementation. Fear of future terrorist attacks, even worse than occurred on September 11, 2001, has seriously eroded American’s vigilance against those tendencies that might produce freedom-damaging measures that will eventuate in enslavement.
Again, using Dr. Hitchcock’s words: “Since 9/11, there’s been a dramatic increase in surveillance, searches, and security. Almost immediately after 9/11, all kinds of talk erupted about national ID cards, biometric scanners, etc. This situation is ripe for a person to come on the scene and adapt this developing technology to exercise iron-fisted control over the world” (Prophecy Update, 9/13/06).
6. Globalism is another side effect of the breach that was created when the planes struck in New York City, Washington, D.C., and in that Pennsylvania field. International anxieties and fears have begun bringing the world together in a rush of cooperative initiatives. We saw these in action when the threats against the London subways occurred. Instant global restrictions were instituted when it was learned that as many as 10 passenger jetliners were the targets for terrorists, who intended to destroy them while they headed for the United States.
Daniel was given the prophetic preview of a coming final world kingdom with King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream (Daniel 2) and with his own vision (Daniel 7).
The humanists are determined to circumvent language and cultural barriers, as well as erase national borders in their drive to go back to the tower of Babel (Genesis 11). Ten kingdoms are prophesied to be formed, with powerful heads of each, who will give their power and authority to the beast –Antichrist (Rev. 17:11-12). One world is Satan’s goal, over which he intends to establish his demonic rule. He has his minions –both supernatural and natural—hard at work to bring his supreme tyrant to that throne.
7. Peace is the issue that has been thrust forward on the world diplomatic stage as never before, due to the prophetic shift that took place on 9/11, unleashing Daniel’s last-days flood. The tyrant mentioned above, which Satan will, according to Bible prophecy, put on his throne for a brief time (2 Thessalonians 2; Revelation Chapter 13) will offer that peace the world is so desperately searching to find. Whether it’s the “Roadmap to Peace” proposed by President Bush and Tony Blair or some other formula that will be the nucleus of this endtime peace, a peace is coming. But God says it will be a peace that will be destructive beyond any war of history, save Armageddon itself (read Isa. 28:15, 18). Actually, this peace brought by the rider on the first horse of Apocalypse (Rev. 6:1-2) will set in motion man’s final war, which will climax at the place called Megiddo. It will bring about Armageddon.
The attacks of September 11, 2001 seem the first salvo by General Satan against all that is godly in this world. Christians –all who believe in Christ, and Him alone for salvation of their souls—are God Almighty’s royal ambassadors while living here on earth. There is coming a moment in time when the King will withdraw his royal diplomats who preach and teach true peace from the Prince of Peace. Then, the Lord will make war against the godless. I didn’t say this; God says it in His Word. You can count on what He has said in His Word, the Bible, because He cannot lie.
Almost certainly this generation looks to have entered the last of the last days.