Home » Prophecy Line » Pre-Tribulation Ponderings

Pre-Tribulation Ponderings

Listening the last 2 years to the “experts” thinking aloud on what the last presidential election meant is exercise in frustration, if not futility. The talking heads across the cable and broadcast spectrum have consistently attributed Donald Trump’s win to everything from the fake news of a Trump-Russian collusion to news media’s biased poll-taking and misreading of exit polling the day of the election. These throw in that those in charge of the losing campaign just didn’t understand the people of middle America. They didn’t see the people’s pent-up rage against the Washington establishment–the D.C. insiders.

All of these elements no doubt contributed to that election–as many of the pundits framed it–eventuating in a totally unexpected outcome. But, it is the never-mentioned aspect of that 2016 election dynamic that is frustrating to me as a Christian. It is this that produces a sense of futility.

No one in media has talked about the 81% – 84% (depending upon the figure you accept) of “evangelicals” who turned out in that election. Christian participation just isn’t figured in at the highest levels of broadcast and cable punditry.

This means, to me, that the experts believe the 2016 election had nothing to do with our being fed up with the social debauchery and degradation that took place, particularly over the Obama years. The homosexual, transsexual, same-sex marriage agenda, with mandated same-sex, multiple-occupancy public restrooms, had no influence on the voting in that election year, the experts are saying with their silence. We, the voters–who are Christians and came out in numbers that have not been seen in many elections–apparently weren’t (according to the pundits) making a statement that we were fed up with our White House being bathed in rainbow colors emblematic of the homosexual lobby. We aren’t sick and tired of having the homosexual rainbow flag flown atop that same American presidential edifice, is the message of the pundits’ silence.

That electoral landslide against the candidate and party that crammed down America’s throat all of this hellishness–mostly through presidential, executive order-fiat–had nothing to do with the social issues, I guess we are to take away from this silence.

That we are disgusted with small bakery owners being publicly humiliated and fined for refusing to bake same-sex wedding cakes obviously isn’t considered worth mentioning in the analysis of that 2016 election results. The absolute horrors and atrocities that we learned about involving Planned Parenthood and the selling of human baby body parts didn’t, in the thinking of the post-election, political analysts, figure in our collective voting statement.

It was all about terrorism, wallet issues, and building back America’s defense, while determining to “drain the swamp.”

These were all important issues in my own thinking, as in the thinking of many other Christians, while election day approached. But, in addition to stopping a further tearing down of America’s founding structure, I wanted–and continue to want–a government that will stop the anti-godliness, down the road of which the Obama administration deliberately moved this nation.

As expressed previously in these commentaries, it was God’s people praying the prayer of 2 Chronicles 7:14 that turned that election so dramatically. This is the answer the pundits are seeking when they ask incessantly about what happened that the news media types missed. How could this election have turned out so differently than expected right up until 9 p.m. EST Tuesday, November 8, 2016?

The fact is that the throne room of Heaven was deluged day and night with God’s people imploring Him for mercy–asking that He hear from Heaven and answer our prayers. This, of course required repentance–not of America’s population, but of God’s people. It is more than obvious that He did hear and answered in a spectacular way. God cannot lie, and He promised He would answer such prayer–uttered under biblically prerequisite conditions.

Now, the question is: Will we who are called by His name continue to pray and to follow up on those prerequisite conditions? How we respond will determine how our nation–and our lives–fare over the coming days, months, and, perhaps, years.

We have proof that our Lord answers prayers in a spectacular way. The pundits will never see it, but we who did and are doing the praying certainly understand.

We can further understand God’s influence in that stunning election by the truly Christian people He has placed among the power elite that govern us.

So, in this pre-Tribulation time, we have a window of opportunity to honor our Lord’s merciful answer in giving us a leadership that promises a return to founding principles. Along with that merciful action, it is also obvious that we have been given a course-correction, a return to the moral pathway–out of the depravity foisted on us in recent years.

We don’t have to wonder about how to honor His mercy and kindness in having answered our prayers. His number-one priority has always been and will always be the salvation of souls. We are expected to honor His decision to give America a reprieve–I have no doubt–in order to, first and foremost, lift Jesus Christ so that the Holy Spirit draws all to Christ for salvation.

Just beneath that all-important mission for God’s people in America is to let the pastors of our churches know that the true, Christ-believing bodies of worship should be devoted to teaching and preaching truth. That is, we are now, more than ever, to be the Philadelphian church and not the Laodicean church (read Revelation chapter 3).

There is no doubt that we see this gracious, merciful, moving of God’s hand in America. However, there are also signals that are growing stronger by the day that we are in times at the very end of the age.

Jesus forewarned in the Olivet Discourse that there would be great ethnic strife. We have been seeing it manifested in American cities. The seas and waves of humanity are “roaring” in America and in Europe. The 2016 election has intensified that roaring, I believe.

People who continue to refuse to accept the election results are exemplifying the apostle Paul’s perilous times characteristic “incontinent”–or, “out of control.” Jesus said societal conditions will be exactly like now when He intervenes catastrophically into the affairs of mankind. That will happen with the Rapture.

With the United States now seeming to be headed back toward the America we once knew and loved, with the promises of the Trump Administration, we can enjoy our moment of gratefulness.

However, this time of national renewal is also likely to be a time like described by Jesus–a time that will bring His next catastrophic intervention into the affairs of mankind. That time might just be upon us.

“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” (Matthew 24: 44)

1. John mikitson says:

I agree with your post, thank you. However, the progressives within the church are not in agreement with Bible teaching on key cultural issues, and so our voice (and vote) will not be as strong going forward

2. Pamela Elliott says:

I do agree with your thoughts on God granting us a time of reprieve for this Nation and that God chose Donald Trump to be His man for such a time as this in our Nation’s history. However, I am observing that so many “so called Christians” do not want to hear the “TRUTH” and the message coming from the pulpits is to water down the “TRUTH” so that is doesn’t offend anyone. The message of the Blessed Hope (Rapture) is so taboo with many Christians. It is so disappointing to me as a Christian to have such a wonderful Hope that Jesus is coming to take us Home to be with Him and yet so many people (Christians) don’t want to talk about the Rapture. I guess that is part of the end of days before our Glorious King of Kings steps out on a cloud and the trumpet sounds and calls us HOME🙏🏻

• John mikitson says:

Pamela hi, I share that same frustration with you. I too look forward to the nearing rapture. In the meantime the Lord asks of us to live out the royal law by which we will receive rewards or loss of rewards. Love God supremely and our neighbor (also known as progressive Christians) as ourselves. God is working patience in us as we wait. Thanks for all you do Terry.

• SRB says:

Pamela,
      You are right…Christians do not want to talk about the Rapture at all. Not even Christians who are not progressives. Strange to me. I could talk about it all day long. I think they think it’s a “pie in the sky” event that won’t happen… at least in their lifetime. Or they are hoping it won’t happen because they have such comfortable, enjoyable lives for the most part. I think the election of President Trump is God’s way of separating good from evil. God is revealing the evil in the world that normally stays covered up and subdued. His election is opening some people’s eyes to the truth. There will never be a going back to the good old days. Jesus says so. It will continue to wax worse and worse.
      That’s just the truth of it.

3. billyswinea3737 says:

BROTHER TERRY I BELIEVE EVERY WORD THAT IS SAID IN THIS ARTICLE! I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT SAVED PEOPLE DON’T CARE MUCH ANY MORE. THEY STILL SHOP AT TARGET! NO GOD FEARING PERSON SHOULD STEP IN TARGET. THERE OTHERS KELLOGGS MAKES MY FAVORITE RICE KRISPES BUT I BUY THE OF BRAND. I DON’T WANT ANY OF MY MONEY FINANCING TERRIST. I AM JUST A SIMPLE COUNTRY BOY. I CAN’T SPELL VERY GOOD. BUT I LOVE THE LORD GOD, HIS SON JESUS CHRIST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! I LOVE YOU BROTHER TERRY IN CHRISTIAN LOVE! WE HAVE TALKED BEFORE BUT I LOST YOUR PHONE# YOU ARE WORKING FOR GOD IN A GREAT WAY!

4. Guillermo Ramirez says:

Whether or not there will be a Rapture that removes believers from this earth before Tribulation, we are given foreknowledge of what is to come to help us prepare for the perilous times and the persecution of Christians. If we just think that we’ll be taken away to avoid it, then we aren’t really preparing.
    I have hope that there will be a rapture because I am terribly afraid of the satanic world order to come and that, weak vessel that I am, would be paralyzed with fear. Will I be strong enough to “endure till the end”? Will I be brave enough to be a martyr? Will I be smart enough, love enough, have faith enough to live through such a terrible time? These are my fears. Even so, I pray and learn about God’s word every day – it is my favorite thing to do.
    I think my best preparation is to build my faith and trust in Jesus and to share His Good News with those who would hear it so they, too, may be saved.

As I’ve said before in this forum, i do believe that the results of the 2020 election will speak volumes as to whether God will continue to keep us in the current “holding pattern,” or not. If the Democrats and their increasingly left-wing element manages to prevail, then I think it’s safe to assume that we will see an acceleration of all manner of End-times events.

The next election will signal not only what happens to America, but the rest of the world.

My advice: Keep watching. Keep looking up.