A friend in New York City emailed with a fascinating perspective. Chris is, like those of us at Rapture Ready, a watchman of issues and events as they might relate to prophetic stage-setting. He, like many others in the RR audience/family, helps keep us abreast of significant developments in these times so near the end of the Church Age.
New York City, itself, is experiencing an uptick in cases of anti-Semitism, as are other major cities across the US. So it is with an elevated degree of observational credence that my friend made a strong case for Bible truth.
The Lord said to Abraham, And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Genesis 12:2–3)
I also have some good friends in Australia who are part of the RR audience/family. They, too, keep us informed of things going on in their part of the world from time to time.
So it is with some twinge of regret that I feel compelled to use that region as an example in a somewhat negative light. I mean no disrespect to the people of Australia in general. Particularly, I intend to cast no aspersions on my dear friends who live there.
However, the case presented that there could well be a connection between things taking place in Australia and God’s displeasure—even judgment—is powerful. It is so strong that the example needs to be pointed to as proof of God’s Genesis 12:2–3 promises always being fulfilled. Anti-Semitism is a tremendously egregious matter in God’s holy eyes—and America, in allowing its spread, must be warned to take notice.
Rather than write in-depth on the matter of anti-Semitism in profiling its horrific infliction of hatred upon the Jewish race within Australian society and culture, I will present links to stories of what is happening there. Again, thanks to my friend Chris in New York City for compiling these links.
- “Confronting Reality: Anti-Semitism in Australia Today,” Jewish Political Studies Review 16:3–4 (Fall 2004); https://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-jones-f04.htm
- “Israel Arrests Woman Wanted on Child Sex Abuse Charges at Melbourne Jewish School,” (February 13, 2018); https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/israel-arrests-malka-leifer-woman-wanted-on-child-sex-abuse-charges-at-australian-jewish-school-1.458662
- “Australian Jewish Leader Condemns Senator’s Speech Calling for ‘Final Solution,’” (August 15, 2018); https://www.thejc.com/news/world/australian-jewish-leader-condemn-senator-fraser-anning-speech-calling-for-final-solution-1.468332
- “Anti-Semitic Attacks of Boys Who Were Called ‘Jewish ape’ and ‘dirty Jew’ Shock Australia,” (October 3, 2019); https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/world/anti-semitic-bullying-australia.amp
- “Australian Teenager Charged Over Making Jewish Boy Kiss Another Student’s Shoes,” (October 25, 2019); https://www.thejc.com/news/world/australian-teenager-charged-for-making-jewish-boy-kiss-another-student-s-shoes-1.490685
- “We Cannot Let Anti-Semitism Spread Here,” (November 21, 2019); https://www.cis.org.au/commentary/articles/we-cannot-let-anti-semitism-spread-here/
- “Report Shows Anti-Semitism on the Rise Following Outrage Over ‘Party Nazis,’” (Mon November 25, 2019); https://10daily.com.au/news/australia/a191124hsgly/report-shows-anti-semitism-on-the-rise-following-outrage-over-party-nazis-20191125?&utm_medium=paid-search&utm_source=10daily&utm_campaign=digital:na&utm_term=google&utm_content=dsa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0IzskZOa5wIVi5yzCh2pawFPEAMYASAAEgLDbPD_BwE
- Antisemitic Assaults and Threats up by 30 Percent in Australia, New Report Finds,” (November 26, 2019); https://www.thejc.com/news/world/antisemitic-assaults-and-threats-up-by-30-per-cent-in-australia-new-report-finds-1.493612
- Australia Sees 30 Percent Increase in Anti-Semitic Incidents,” (November 26, 2019); https://wwwgoogle.com/amp/s/www.jta.org/quick-reads/australia-sees-30-percent-increase-in-anti-semitic-incidents/amp
- “Toxic Left-Wing Anti-Semitism: Australia, UK and the USA,” (December 19, 2019); http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/24901
- “Global Anti-Semitism: Select Incidents in 2019,” (December, 2019); https://www.adl.org/resources/reports/global-anti-semitism-select-incidents-in-2019
- “Australian Jewish Survivors Recount How the Fire Swept into Their Home in 45 Minutes,” (January 9, 2020); https://www.thejc.com/news/world/australian-jewish-survivors-recount-how-the-fire-swept-into-their-home-in-45-minutes-1.495182
- “Holocaust Survivor ‘Suffering Flashbacks’ after Nazi Flag Flown Metres away from His Australian Home,” (January 17, 2020); https://www.thejc.com/news/world/holocaust-survivor-suffering-flashbacks-after-nazi-flag-flown-metres-away-beulah-australian-home-1.495548
- “The BBC Has Shamed Itself with Orla Guerin’s Holocaust Report,” (January 33, 2020); https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/the-bbc-has-shamed-itself-with-orla-guerin-s-holocaust-report-1.495792
I can’t look into the high councils of the third heaven and know the rendering of judgmental edicts. I can, however, look at God’s Word of condemnation and examine evidence to get a pretty clear understanding of what that evidence points to. You can do the same. Does the God of Israel keep His promises? You be the judge.
While anti-Semitism rages in the continent down under, so do the geophysical elements. Australia has in the past weeks experienced plague-like affliction almost biblical in proportion.
In the midst of raging wildfires, hailstones the size of baseballs pounded Australia in a mix of elemental opposites echoing the Egyptian plague. As if that reminder of the Exodus were not enough, a massive dust storm turned day into night. These and other phenomena created a pre-Messiah show of wonders in the hard-hit continent down under conspicuously timed to coincide with the week when Jews around the world read the section of the Torah relating the story of the plagues in Egypt.
While the northern hemisphere hunkers down for winter, Australia enters its dry summer. This year, a stark drought brought on devastating wildfires that have, so far, burned an estimated 46 million acres of land. The fires destroyed over 5,900 buildings including approximately 2,683 homes, and killed at least 30 people. An estimated one billion animals were also killed and some endangered species may be driven to extinction. (Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz, “Australia Slammed with Hail, Pestilence, Darkness Plagues in One Week,” Breaking Israel News, Latest News. Biblical Perspective, January 22, 2020)
In a strange, horrifying mixture that can only be described as a biblical-type plague, hail the size of baseballs fell following catastrophic fire that ravaged the region (see https://t.co/0jmjbKmRnz).
The article further explains the devastating phenomena.
As if a Biblical plague of hail was not enough, a massive dust storm engulfed the town of Narromine, some 250 miles northwest of Sydney. The 186-mile wide cloud of red dust was carried by wind gusts up to 66 miles per hour. The huge storm quickly plunged the area into darkness so complete the weather service described it as “Day turns into night!”
Again, this isn’t just to pick on our good friends in Australia. The evidence, however, contrasting anti-Semitism’s assault to the very elements crying out in such fury must be noted in observing these end times. “America, take notice” is the message. That goes for the rest of the world as well.
God’s chosen people—chosen nation—are front and center as the number-one sign of where we stand on God’s prophetic timeline. Although modern Israel is as evil in comportment as the nations of the rest of the world in many ways, its God neither slumbers nor sleeps. He has declared His absolute love and protection over this place he calls“the apple of my eye.”
This is what the Lord says, “He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—the Lord Almighty is His Name; Only if these ordinances vanish from My sight,” declares the Lord, “will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.” (Jeremiah 31:35–36)